Are you a passionate reader who is ready to turn over a new page? Your next chapter could be with WordsRated! Apply to become our Bibliophile-at-large and earn $200 for every book you read.
The position – Bibliophile-at-large
We give you books. You read them. We give you cold, hard cash.
We’re looking for people capable of devouring hundreds of pages with ease while paying attention to detail. Your job is to read the book and take notes on specific details. Examples:
- Number of characters by gender
- Number of sentences given to male vs. female characters
- Locations where the story takes place
- Which books are characters reading or being referenced
- Number of certain words or phrases
- How many questions were asked in the book
- What animals are appearing in the book
You will earn $200 for each book you read and analyze. There’s no limit on how much you can read – one book per month or one book every day. You can do this in your spare time or you can make this a full-time job, whatever makes more sense to you.
Who are we looking for?
Anyone aged 18 or over, who has a passion for reading and values freedom and flexibility in work, can apply for the job. As we are a 100% remote company, you can work how much you want, whenever you want, and from wherever you want. We require a stable internet connection and high proficiency in English.
We’re also looking for volunteer survey participants. If you would like to take part in surveys about reading, books and surrounding issues then please leave your details here.
Who are we?
WordsRated is a non-commercial organization dedicated to discovering insightful data about books, literature, and the publishing industry. Our studies and statistics are unique, free, and available to everyone.
Our team is 100% remote and our employees are located in the USA, Denmark, Spain, Serbia, Ukraine, and the Philippines, among others. You will be joining a diverse team with a shared passion for books and data.
- Applications are still open, they will close for this round of hiring on July 1st.
- We’re currently processing applications and looking to make the first hires as soon as possible. This is taking longer than anticipated as we received an extraordinary amount of applications totaling over 130,000. We are reviewing each application before hiring anyone. Please bear with us.
- After you submit your form, you will receive confirmation that it has been submitted. This will appear at the top of the form. If you do not see the confirmation message, please scroll up to view it.
- You will NOT receive a confirmation email, only a confirmation message on the form.
- Due to overwhelming interest, only those who are successful will be notified. We apologize for this as we would like to reach out and thank every person who has applied for their interest and their effort but I’m afraid it’s just not possible.