- He earns an estimated $10+ million each year, as of 2022.
- For the timeframe analyzed, his highest income was during 2014, at $28 million.
- Dan Brown’s net worth was given as $178 million as of 2022
- On average he has earned $7.12 million yearly during his writing career as a whole.
- More than 200 million copies of his books are available in print.
- As of 2009, his best seller “The Da Vinci Code” alone had sold more than 80 million copies since its 2003 release.
- Films based on his novels have grossed over $1.5 billion across the globe.
- His most successful book, “The Da Vinci Code”, was adapted into a movie that grossed over $760 million worldwide.
- His sequel title “The Lost Symbol” sold one million hardcover and e-book copies across the US, UK and Canada on its day of release.
- This made it the fastest selling adult novel in history, as of 2009.
Dan Brown book sales
- As of 2018, Dan Brown’s income was $18.5 million.
- During the given period, his highest income was during 2014, with $28 million.
- However, his lowest income came just two years later, at $9.5 million.
- In total, his income dropped 15.91% during the period, a total decline of $3.5 million.
- The success of his “Robert Langdon” series of books contributed greatly to his high income during the period.
|2014||$28 million||+ 27.27%|
|2015||$13 million||– 53.57%|
|2016||$9.5 million||– 26.92%|
|2017||$20 million||+ 110.53%|
|2018||$18.5 million||– 7.5%|
A graph is given below to show Dan Brown’s annual book sales income:
Dan Brown books in order
- As of 2023, Dan Brown has released 8 books.
- He is widely known and successful for his work within the Thriller and Mystery genres.
- However, his 2020 publication “Wild Symphony” is a children’s picture book with accompanying audio tracks, drawing inspiration from Dr. Seuss.
|Year||Title||Page count||Audiobook length|
|1998||Digital Fortress||510||11h 57m|
|2000||Angels & Demons||736||18h 28m|
|2001||Deception Point||556||17h 4m|
|2003||The Da Vinci Code||489||16h 59m|
|2009||The Lost Symbol||509||17h 47m|
Dan Brown movie and tv adaptations
- Films based on his novels have grossed over $1.5 billion across the globe in total.
- “The Da Vinci Code” movie adaptation grossed over $760 million worldwide.
- The “Angels & Demons” movie adaptation grossed over $485 million worldwide.
- The “Inferno” movie adaptation grossed over $220 million worldwide.
- Tom Hanks starred in each film as the main character, Professor Robert Langdon.
- “The Lost Symbol” was originally intended to be developed as a film for release in 2016 by Columbia Pictures.
- However, it was eventually adapted into a TV series which premiered in 2021 on Peacock.
|1||2006||The Da Vinci Code||$760 million||Movie|
|2||2009||Angels & Demons||$485 million||Movie|
|4||2021||The Lost Symbol||N/A||TV series|
A graph is given below to show Dan Brown’s movie adaptations by gross worldwide:
Dan Brown biography
- He was born on June 22nd, 1964 in Exeter, New Hampshire in the United States.
- In 1983, he read the book “The Doomsday Conspiracy” by Sidney Sheldon and became inspired to become a writer of Thriller novels.
- By 1996, he decided to quit teaching to become a full-time writer.
- His first book, “Digital Fortress”, was published two years later. This was followed by “Angels & Demons” in 2000 and “Deception Point” in 2001.
- Although his first three books had little success, the release of “The Da Vinci Code” in 2003 was an instant bestseller and gave him worldwide recognition.
- The puzzles he uses in his books are inspired by treasure hunts his parents set up for his siblings and himself when growing up.
Dan Brown achievements
- He was named in TIME Magazine’s top 100 “Most Influential People in the World” in 2005.
- Dan Brown has authored multiple #1 bestselling novels.
- Across the world, more than 200 million copies of his books are available in print.
- As of 2009, more than 80 million copies of “The Da Vinci Code” alone had been sold.
- His books have also been published in 56 different languages.
Dan Brown FAQ
What is the Robert Langdon book series?
- The Robert Langdon book series is based upon a Harvard University professor who is adept at problem solving and cracking codes.
What books are featured within the Robert Langdon series?
- In reading order, the books within the Robert Langdon series are:
- “Angels & Demons”
- “The Da Vinci Code”
- “The Lost Symbol”
Does Dan Brown have any standalone novels?
- Dan Brown has written two standalone novels, “Digital Fortress” and “Deception Point”.
- “Digital Fortress” is a novel about the effects of government technological surveillance on citizens.
- “Deception Point” is about the impact of a potential extraterrestrial meteorite on a presidential election.
- In addition, he has also written a picture book for children called “Wild Symphony”.